Critical Reflection

If you presented at the showcase, explain what your presentation experience was and what the strengths and weaknesses of your presentation were.

Strength:
In this presentation I am proud to say that I was able to engage the large audience through my rhetorical question, "If I were to call you potatoes, will you consider this as bullying?" Fortunately the audience responded back with the same amount of energy I projected. I was able to stand in front of a large crowd with confidence and spoke with clear voice to be heared throughout the lecture hall.
At one point I lost my train of thoughts but did not panic, instead, I took a deep breath and maintained eye contact as I gathered my thoughts and continued on.

Weakness:
Subconsciously I use filler words towards the end of my presentation. This was due to my nervousness facing an unexpectedly packed lecture hall and conveying my idea to the panel of judges.
My other weakness is regarding the visual aid used. Though the main objective was to keep it simple and minimise distraction from the speaker, it was rather dull compared to the other teams. In comparison, our power point slides have weak impact to the audience and could be easily forgotten.

Conclusion:
This CPD showcase have allowed me to gain new experience and see my continuous improvement from four months ago when I first step into Brad's class. Before, I would have thought that it is impossible for me to deliver a good presentation to a large crowd . This skill will definitely aid my internship when I am required to present to higher management or to generally pitch ideas to my superior.

Comments

  1. Dear Michelle,

    Thank you for this detailed reflection. I appreciate how you explain what made your bold and engaging presentation at the showcase strong, and what you feel you could have improved.

    Honestly, I was really very proud of what you four did at the showcase!

    Your snese of achievement in the module also warms my heart. 🙂

    All the best for your future learning and the upcoming IWSP.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment